Tuesday 17 November 2009

Using Twitter

I've used Twitter for a little while now. Unfortunately I keep forgetting to post 'stuff'. I must remember to link my mobile with my Twitter account.

I'm Twitter-ing (is that the correct verb) as clad22.

Do I like it? I'm still not sure. I get a chuckle from my husband's Tweets and appreciate the small insights on his life away from me. He knows better than to share bon mots about our married life! However, I keep coming back to the - Do I have anything interesting to say?

As for how we might use it as a library service? All I can say is that Council would have to have a lot of trust to let us communicate in such an instantaneous way! However, we are allowed nay encouarged to talk to our customers. Would twittering to them be any different? I suppose the difference is that there is a written record kept. I wonder if there is some form of editorial control available?

I am thinking of suggesting a competition where we ask customers to write a tweet about the library - or about a particular event in the library. We could add the tweet ourselves (thus giving us editorial control) We could even give a prizes for the most original post.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

At least you have tried tweeting.

Ellen