Tuesday 22 April 2008

On Mashups

If there was ever something which was going to make me go OHHHH it was the concept of a mash up. I'm sure we've all used applications where we've thought 'if only I could do xyz' with this product.
I'm not sure how we would use mash-ups. Perhaps as an information tool. The few mash-ups I have played with present information in 'a nice' way. In fact I chose the map of the world below because it demonstrates this quite well.
For example - say we wanted to create a map of the countries our customers come from. This could be a 'nice' addition to our website. Creating a mash-up would be an easy way to accomplish this.
On the advice of my techie husband I had a play with Popfly which is a Microsoft product (as a sometimes contractor for Microsoft he's a bit of a Microsoft pusher) to create mash-ups. I have to say it was lots of fun. I think I need a lot more practice and maybe some more time to view the tutorials again!

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Thanks for the tip. As a fellow fan of mashups I am intrigued about popfly and will check it out.

Leanne